Enjoy this incredibly delicious pesto that tantalizes your tastebuds while nourishing your adrenals. It’s versatile and can be used in so many different ways: in a salad, as a dip for veggies, tossed in with raw zucchini pasta…the yummy choices are endless!
Adrenal Nourishing Deep Green Pesto
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups kale
- 1/3 pound spinach
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil or 1/4 cup dried basil
- 1 cup whole kelp or other sea vegetable, soaked in water until soft
- 1 teaspoon cordyceps mushroom powder (Shhhh! secret ingredient)
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (pink, Celtic, or Himalayan)
1. Soak kelp in water while preparing the remainder of the ingredients In a food processor.
2. Put the remaining ingredients in the food processor (add in small batches if necessary, depending on the capacity of the food processor.)
3. Squeeze the liquid out of the kelp and add to processor.
4. Process until smooth
5. Adjust salt and basil to desired taste.
This recipe is adapted from Deliciously Quick Lunch & Dinner Ideas: Energizing Whole Foods Meals for Busy People on the Run by Dr. Ritamarie.
Yours in health and joy,
Comment below: How will you use this delicious pesto in your culinary creations?