Host and Guest:
Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo interviews Daved Rosensweet, M.D.
In this show you’ll learn:
- What bio-identical hormones are.
- Are bio-identical hormones dangerous?
- What else a menopausal woman could be doing instead of hormones.
Listen to the replay:
Through the years of your life, you have weighed the pros and cons of choosing which herbs, supplements, and medications to use to help your body be its optimal best. However, when it comes to hormonal treatment, the choices often come with many warnings. Of course there is risk with any hormonal treatment; after all, there is risk to even a cup of chamomile tea. But should a woman avoid or postpone hormonal treatment because of that risk? No. The consequences of delayed or avoided treatment could include bone loss, muscle loss, arteriosclerosis, and many other conditions. Simply put: you wouldn’t skip using the things that keep you balanced. As you look at the choices that are available to help keep your body balanced during menopause, you may want to give consideration to bio-identical hormones.
Join Dr. Ritamarie and Daved Rosensweet, M.D., as they discuss how to help women understand what hormone decline is about, and mostly, what to do about it. There are significant discussions on possible benefits of all the options, and what the risks are and are not.
Dr. Daved Rosensweet has specialized in the treatment of women in menopause with bio-identical hormones for more than twenty years. He is a remarkable and accomplished physician committed to teaching medical professionals and educating women in menopause. He is known for not only his expertise, but also his humor and interpersonal skills.
Dr. Rosensweet graduated from the University of Michigan Medical School in 1968. He has been in private medical practice since 1971, and has had offices in New Mexico, California, and Colorado. He is currently in practice in Southwest Florida. Formerly he was the clinical physician involved in the very first Nurse Practitioner training program in the U.S.A., and was in charge of health promotion for the State of New Mexico. He teaches health professionals about the treatment of women in menopause with bio-identical hormones.
Among his many credits, Dr. Rosensweet is:
• A nationally known lecturer and frequent presenter at The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) and The American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM).
• The principle investigator for a scientific study of female hormones sponsored by Metametrix Clinical Laboratory.
• Author of the book The Target Method – A Woman’s Guide to Navigating Menopause.
• Organizer of a National Summit Committee on the Treatment of Women in Menopause with Bio-identical Hormones.
• Formerly on the Board of Directors of the American College of Advancement in Medicine, and the Chairman of its Endocrine Committee.
Receive a $5 discount on the purchase of Dr. Rosensweet’s book, The Target Method. Enter ‘VIBRANT’ into the coupon code.
Check out Dr. Ritamarie’s VITAL Health Community for additional resources on the role that food plays in your health, and strategies for planning your meals so that you can live your life full of energy and vitality.
Use the social media icons to share this important show with your loved ones!