I love curry. That’s why I am very excited to share this recipe. This recipe was developed as a result of a discussion I had with a friend on a hike. She mentioned she’d found a class that taught how to make delicious thai curry with coconut noodles. Intrigued, I set out to make some upon our return from the hike.
Enjoy this easy to make, delicious and very nutritious recipe.
- About 2/3 of a 1lb bag of frozen young Thai coconut or equivalent fresh coconut flesh (I use exotic super foods brand)
For sauce, blend together until smooth
- 2 heaping tablespoons Coconut butter (I used Artisana brand) or the remainder of the coconut flesh
- Juice of 2 limes
- A few drops lemon grass essential oil
- A few drops lime essential oil
- A few leaves fresh Basil
- A small piece Jalapeño pepper (adjust to desired hotness)
- About an inch of fresh Ginger (adjust to desired hotness)
- About a quarter inch of fresh Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Kelp powder
- A pinch of Salt ( adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (Thai kitchen brand)
- 1/2 cup water or coconut water (adjust to desired thickness)
- About 1/4 carrot, spiralized (or you can grate)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- A few leaves fresh basil
- Handful fresh greens (I used arugula)
- Any other finely chopped veggies desired
- A few slices of cabbage from Kim Chi (optional)
- Place all veggies in a bowl
- Lay coconut flesh on cutting board and slice into thin strips to make noodles then place it in a bowl with the veggies. Reserve some carrots to decorate top.
- Blend sauce ingredients until creamy smooth.
- Add coconut water or water to achieve desired thickness.
- Pour sauce over veggie noodle combination.
- Garnish with remaining carrots and serve.
***This made 2 servings***