Whether you’re the host or the guest, it’s easy to whip up healthy salad that everyone will enjoy — all while achieving the lean, strong, clear headed body you desire. This recipe is one of my favorites.
- 1 jicama, cubed
- 1 – 2 avocados, cut into large cubes
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 – 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dill
(optional) If you want it a little bit sweet, add some low glycemic sweetener – few drops of stevia, 1 Tbsp. of yacon syrup, or a pinch or so of luo han guo – or 4 dates, pitted and soaked for 20 minutes in 3/4 cup water retain soak water. Blend this with the sauce.
- Place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend the other ingredients, except for the dill, in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Add the dill to the blender and blend just until incorporated.
- Add the sauce to the bowl and stir.
This recipe is one of the many quick and easy, yet yummy and filling, recipes that are in the Insulin Friendly section of our Food Video Library. This is something everyone in our programs has access to, including my year-long Energy Recharge Coaching program. If you would like to know more about these or any of our other programs, you can fill out a Health Consultation Request form for a free consultation, or apply at http://www.ERCApply.com.