If you follow a plant-based diet, avocados are more than likely one of your staples. But do you ever run out of new ways to use them?
If so, you will love my recipe that turns avocados into a decadent dessert everyone will enjoy and benefit from.
Their popularity as a healthy fat source has a tendency to overshadow the fact they are also anti-inflammatory, support the immune system, and are great for detoxing!
In fact a study at Shizuoka University in Japan suggested they may boost up to 5 specific compounds that support liver health.
Avocados contain insoluble and soluble fiber which helps draw and flush toxins from your system and slows digestion which can keep blood sugar from spiking. An avocado’s rich fat content also makes it easier to absorb fat soluble vitamins like A, K, D, and E, boosting the nutrients you get from your meal.
To get even more phytonutrients, I often add vegetable powders such as broccoli, kale, chlorella, artichoke leaf, burdock, or adaptogen powders like cordyceps, chaga, or turkey tail. If used judiciously, they don’t change the cacao flavor, especially if you add a bit of vanilla and lemon.
Guilt-free seconds anyone?
Go for it!
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Vanilla to taste
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- Optional: fresh sprouts, vegetable or adaptogen powders
- Dropper stevia or luo han 1/4 cup water
- Blend avocado, lemon juice, cacao powder, coconut butter, and sprouts in Vitamix.
- Add stevia or luo han and water.
- 3. Blend in Vitamix.
- Place in bowl.
- Decorate with organic blueberries or other organic berries or pieces of cut up peach.
- Can sprinkle with coconut.