Wow! It’s day 30 of my gratitude journal!
While I might have missed a day or two here and there, I managed to spend time each day appreciating things in my life and sharing it with the world. And a few of you have stuck with it along with me and expressed your appreciations daily.
There are three of you who stand out, and I have been following your appreciations daily with great anticipation and appreciation.
So as a special holiday reward, I am gifting each of you a shopping spree. You may go to my store and pick out any products or services you’d like that add up to $100, give or take a little bit. Congratulations Beatrix, Leila and Laura. Your biggest reward is the health enhancements your free expression of gratitude has brought to you.
Once you’ve chosen what you’d like, send an e-mail to [email protected] with the words “Appreciation Gift” in the subject and we’ll send you links to your chosen gifts.
In addition, I would like you to choose 1 gift (an e-book, audio recording or Raw Food University video class) you’d like to send to someone you know who needs it and is unlikely to get it for themselves. This way you get to give the gift of health for the holidays. Let us know who and what and we’ll arrange for them to get the gift in your name.
When you focus on what you appreciate, you get more things coming your way to appreciate.
And for those who have not participated up to this point, we’re having a contest.
The Gift of Gratitude Contest
Reply to this post anytime before December 15th, 2011 with a really deep, heart-felt note of appreciation to someone or for something really important to you.
I’ll choose the one that plucks at my heart strings the most and send you a gift.
And now, on to my final day of appreciations in the formal journal.
Rest assured I will do at least one appreciation journal a week from now on.
Dr. Ritamarie's Appreciations for Today – Day 30
- I very much love and appreciate my dear husband Scott. After a weekend away, he came home to very little fresh food, as I had eaten it all and went out today and restocked the refrigerator with lots and lots of glorious greens. Truth is, I had depleted all the greens I bought on Saturday with 3 days of juicing. He was very appreciative of me for making him fresh juice, even though he said it was just a little too green for his taste buds.
- I appreciate my green foods and the warmth of the bowls of lightly cooked plus raw veggie soup combos I have been eating to keep warm on these cold “almost winter” nights. Our temperatures here in Austin have been dipping into the 30’s, and we’re just not used to being that cold.
- I appreciate my son Eric. He is filled with laughter and practical jokes, plus love and appreciation for the yummy food I have been making him. He’s so adventurous with food. He has always been willing to try anything I make him, and as a senior in high school, still is.
- I appreciate the power of the body to heal. Kevin, my 13 year old broke his arm just a little over 2 weeks ago and he reported to me last night that the broken spot on the bone no longer hurts, which the orthopedist told him was an indication that he was healed and no longer needed the brace. Yeah! Go nature.
- I appreciate that there’s an awesome pottery studio in town where I used to take classes and that they have room for me. So starting January 2nd, I will be going to pottery wheel classes every Monday night! Yeah!
- I appreciate that I took the time to clean my room on Sunday and unearth some partially finished water color paintings. It reminded me that without a mentor and an active class, I “fall off the wagon” and don’t continue, even though I love it and it’s “good for my health” to do something so fun. I guess it is true for all pursuits, either you need to be working with a mentor or being a mentor to others for the habits to be consistent. Anyway, as a result, I did a little research and found a water color class that meets on Saturdays at the local Hobby Lobby and it’s flexible. SO if my son has a game, I can miss and make it up next time. Very cool. I am so excited and appreciative of my soon to be new art teacher. (I am starting this Saturday, will take a 3 week break due to other engagements and the holidays and start again in January! This is just the impetus I need to practice over the Christmas break.
Keep your appreciations coming.
I’ve set up a page for you to post appreciations whenever you choose. It’s:
Come here any time and let me know what you appreciate. I love reading your posts.
With Great Love and Appreciation,