Try this delicious, and truly satisfying green soup recipe, which can be eaten fully raw and slightly warmed up by blending up it longer in your blender. Substitute the greens in the recipe with whatever else you have available and add your favorite toppings.
Blender Green Soup Recipe
- 2-4 cups kale
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 cup water
- 1 pear
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper (without seeds)
- 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon kelp
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tomato
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 thin long dry stick of lemongrass*
- 1 piece of turmeric root approx. 1 1/2 inches long, or 2 teaspoons powdered turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter, for thickness
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Add an avocado if a creamier soup is desired. Add salt to taste.
- For lemongrass, blend the stick with a little water, then strain through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth. Use the water with the lemongrass essence in the soup. You can also use a few drops of lemongrass essential oil instead.
What's your favorite green to eat, blend, and juice? Comment below and be sure to share recipes you use to fight inflammation in your body.