I made this yummy raw vegan gluten-free living foods treat as a sample treat food for my 3 Myths about fatigue Class. I suggested it as a replacement for candy, coffee and soda to combat mid afternoon energy slump. They loved it. This recipe combines the goodness of raw foods and dark greens with the decadence of dessert. Yum.
Quick and Easy Green Energy Marzipan
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (or almonds, cashews, pecans or brazil nuts)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups shredded dried coconut
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon almond extract (pure, organic )
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon chlorella powder (to taste)
- 1-2 drops pure mint essential oil
- Put ½ of the coconut and everything else in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ½ of the coconut.
- Spread out 1/4 inch thick on a wax paper lined baking dish or form into 1 inch balls.
- Freeze until firm
- Score and cut into snack sized pieces.
- Store in zip locked bags or airtight container in freezer for a quick pick me up.
Please comment and let me know what you think!
Love, Health and Joy,