To celebrate the Fatigue Awareness Week (May 12-17, 2016), I made this yummy raw vegan gluten-free living foods treat. I suggest it as a replacement for candy, coffee and soda to combat mid afternoon energy slump. You will love it. This recipe combines the goodness of raw foods and dark greens with the decadence of dessert. Yum!
Quick and Easy Green Energy Marzipan
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (or almonds, cashews, pecans or brazil nuts)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups shredded dried coconut
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon almond extract (pure, organic )
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon chlorella powder (to taste)
- 1-2 drops pure mint essential oil
- Put ½ of the coconut and everything else in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ½ of the coconut.
- Spread out 1/4 inch thick on a wax paper lined baking dish or form into 1 inch balls.
- Freeze until firm
- Score and cut into snack sized pieces.
- Store in zip locked bags or airtight container in freezer for a quick pick me up.
Please comment and let me know what you think!
I would love to try this recipe, but can I use something to replace chorella powder that is easier to get.? Thanks for the recipe.
Hi, Judy, Any of the micro-algaes can be used here. That would be spirulina, chlorella, or wild blue-green. I like to get mine from HealthForce Nutritionals, but there are many good places to look. Look for the source of where they harvest them from, so that their water is a good clean place.