I work with lots of people who suffer from the effects of chronic pain and inflammation in their body. When I work with clients, we work closely to identify and eliminate the causes so they can lead happy and fulfilled, pain-free lives.
Inflammation causes pain, stiffness, heart attacks, ulcers, and all diseases ending in “itis”.
The list of “itis” diseases is long. Here are just a few of the most common ones. You or someone you love just may be suffering from one of these:
- and many more…
Other diseases whose names end in “algia” are also caused by inflammation. “Algia” means pain. Among the most common “algias” are fibromyalgia and neuralgia.
What most people don't realize is that inflammation can be caused by what you eat.
Culprit 1: The role of Omegas in relation to PAIN
Some foods are inherently inflammatory. These include many fats in the omega-6 family.
There's a particular omega-6 fat that's especially inflammatory called “arachidonic acid“. It's found in commercially raised meats, poultry, dairy products, eggs, peanuts, and many hydrogenated oils.
An imbalance in omega-6 to omega-3 fats creates inflammation. The Standard American Diet (SAD) is very imbalanced when it comes to omega-3 and omega-6 fats.
The ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats ideally should be 3:1 or less. The average American has a ratio of 12:1 or higher. That's a big part of why so many of us suffer from inflammatory diseases and why heart disease and cancer affect such a large percentage of the population.
What most people don't realize is that even most people on a “healthier” diet, including vegans and raw fooders, have an imbalance of fats that sets the stage for inflammatory diseases. The imbalance of fats is due to their widespread use and consumption of vegetable oils, grains, and nuts.
Culprit 2: Healthy fats VS unhealthy fats means pain VS pain free
Your fork can be a powerful weapon or a mighty healing tool. It all depends on what you put on the end of it.
In coming issues and blog posts, I'll explore how to balance the fats in your diet to heal inflammation and protect yourself from inflammatory diseases.
In the meantime, you can't go wrong by eating a fresh diet loaded with green vegetables, sea vegetables, and omega-3 rich chia, flax, and hemp seeds.
What many people don't realize though is that even healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds can cause inflammation WHEN you develop an allergy to them.
Culprit 3: Food Allergies: A big culprit of pain and inflammation
On the Vibrant Health Solutions Radio show “The Pain of Undiagnosed Food Allergies,” I reviewed one of the very important AND controllable causes of inflammation – Food Allergies!
If you're suffering from chronic health symptoms in spite of all your attempts to control them naturally and/or using Western medical approaches, I suggest you listen to the replay for a wealth of information.
On the radio show, I explored the relationship between pain and food allergies and discussed ways you can identify and eliminate triggers AND heal the underlying causes so that “innocent” foods no longer hurt you. If you've been suffering from chronic pain; digestive upset; weight that just won't go away; or other vague symptoms like depression, brain fog, or fatigue, you owe it to yourself to listen in.
Imagine an inflammation and pain Free Life! Yes, it is definitely possible for you…
- Imagine how it would feel to know you're handling the cause of your ill health rather than trying to treat the symptoms.
- Think about how it would feel to know that the food you eat will no longer mistakenly trigger and over-activate your immune system.
- Step into how it will feel to experience freedom from food allergy associated conditions like depression, headaches, poor digestion, fibromyalgia, or fatigue.
If you'd like to stop imagining how it would feel to be well again and make vitality a reality for yourself , I hope you'll join me for my first-ever LIVE event, Spring Into Vitality, in beautiful Austin, Texas, from March 22-24, 2013.
Let's balance your omega fats, identify your trigger foods, and turn your fork into a powerful tool for healing and health so that you can enjoy a life of vibrant living! At this event you will learn:
- Testing for where you are right now with your pH levels, nitric oxide, and trace minerals.
- How to determine if it is the wrong balance of omegas, fats, or food allergies (or a combination) that are causing your chronic pain.
- Which supplements and natural foods would be best for your unique body chemistry, to get you out of inflammation, fast!
- Demonstrations of real world foods and recipes that you can begin making as soon as you get home (and also enjoy at the event itself). Hint: You would be surprised at how much variety and delicious foods are out there, how easy and fast they are to make, and how fantastic you will feel.
- Unique exercises you can do in 15 minutes a day that help alleviate pain AND sculpt your body.
- Proven hormone balancing elixirs, recipes, and foods that lower cortisol, the stress hormone, which contributes to pain in a different way.
- How to recharge your adrenals, which are shot from being in so much pain, keeping you in constant fight or flight mode and therefore not allowing your body to ever go out of pain and high alert status.
- How to identify and heal the emotional side of pain, which helps to perpetuate physical pain.
- And so much more…
REGISTER NOW: for Spring into Vitality, and put your pain in the past.
Spring Into Vitality