I just made the most delicious beverage and set it up so I can drink it whenever I want to. It may sound simple, but it was powerfully energizing and cleansing. I bought a small container of fresh squeezed lemon juice so I could quickly have lemon water when I'm in a hurry without having to squeeze lemons.
Then I had a brainstorm.
What if I pressed ginger and had a jar of ginger juice on hand too? I put about a teaspoon of each juice into 12 ounces of water and drank it. It was delicious. I stored the rest of the ginger juice in the refrigerator. Now anytime I want to, I can make a delicious beverage.
Ginger has very potent anti-inflammatory properties and is also good for helping nausea. It is often prescribed for women with morning sickness. I use it freely in my anti-inflammatory recipes, some of which I published as part of my Eat Your Way Out of Pain Homestudy class.
In addition to being a great source of Vitamin C, lemon juice is also a great antiseptic. For a sore throat, dilute lemon juice 1/2 and 1/2 with water and gargle frequently. Nature makes the best remedies, doesn't she? Here's a list of some ideas for using lemon medicinally, according to Jethro Kloss in the book Back to Eden.
- A slice of lemon wrapped overnight around a toe that has a corn greatly relieves the pain.
- A slice of lemon wrapped over a swollen, abscessed finger joint brings the pus to the surface and promotes healing
- A tablespoon of lemon juice one hour before each meal can be used to reduce asthma.
- The juice of the lemon in a glass of hot water one hour before breakfast every morning can be helpful for liver complaints .
- Drinking a large glass of hot water with the juice of a lemon added, while soaking the feet and calves in a deep bucket of water with mustard added can has been shown to relieve the flu.
- A teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water relieves heartburn.
- 1-2 ounces of lemon juice diluted in water, taken three times a day, one hour before meals and at bedtime has been shown to help rheumatism.
- Lemon juice diluted in water and taken as cold as possible can stop hemorrhage .
- The juice of 3-4 lemons a day will help decrease excessive menstruation.
During the 1 week Group Green Cleanse I lead, I plan to start each day with lemon-ginger water and possibly add a pinch of cayenne for a super cleansing effect.
Other ways to drink the lemon and ginger juice:
- spirulina ginger lemon water for a quick pick me up
- ginger-lemonade: sweeten with a teaspoon of agave or a pinch of stevia
- lemon gingerale: use sparkling water instead of plain water. Sweeten if desired.
- lemon-ginger green smoothie: put a handful of grapes and a few handfuls of greens in the blender and add 1 teaspoon ginger juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Blend and enjoy. Yum.
Do you have any other ideas? Please share them in the comment section.
If you haven't signed up for Dr. Ritamarie's Green Cleanse yet, it's not too late. The early enrollment discount has been extended until midnight tonight
Nice post u have here 😀 Added to my RSS reader
Thank you very much
It is good information to me.