The summer peaches are delicious and inspired me to create a new gluten free, living foods pie recipe. I tried something different with the crust…added chia sees gel and it was a success. Chia seed is so filling and loaded with nutrients: omega 3 fats, minerals and protein. The Aztecs referred to it as energy food. Try some. It's great for the mid afternoon slump..when fatigue and exhaustion seem to set in. Gluten free food that supports adrenal fatigue and tastes good…now that's something to celebrate.
Peach Coconut Pie with Chia Nut Pie Crust
1/4 cup chia seeds, soaked in 1/2 cup water for 15 minutes
1/3 cup hazlenuts
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/3 cup almonds, preferably soaked and dried
1 cup dates
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
5 peaches, chopped into small pieces
1 peach cut into thin slices
3 peached, pureed
1/4 cup lime juice or lemon juice
pinch of cayenne(optional if you like it hot)
1 inch piece ginger
2 tablespoons Artisana coconut butter
- Combine crust ingredients in food process and process until it holds together as a dough. Add extra coconut or other grated nut if mixture is too sticky.
- Blend all filling ingredients in blender .
- Press Crust into pie pan (10 inch)
- sprinkle shredded coconut over crust
- Combine peaches and pureed peach mixture to make filling.
- Pour filling mixture into shell.
- Decorate the top with sliced peaches
- Sprinkle top with shredded coconut.
Eat and enjoy.