Gluten free recipes are my specialty, as are creative and healing Raw foods recipes.
This recipe has a twist. It's partially cooked, yet still derives the benefits of raw and living foods.
I created this recipe on the fly, in front of a “live studio audience” during one of our monthly VITAL Healing Kitchen Shows, one of the many member benefits of participants in my VITAL Community
It uses a broth made from artichoke. Artichoke leaf has many cleansing and liver strengthening benefits.
Fall Harvest Healing Vegetable Soup
- 1 artichoke
- ½ head of cabbage
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1/2 – 1 small onion
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, cut in quarters
- Water for steaming
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 avocado
- 4 Brazil nuts
- 2-4 cups baby arugula, kale, dandelion or spinach, or any combination
- ½ t. dulse or kelp powder
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt to taste
- Kelp or konjac noodles (optional)
- Put approximately 4 cups water in a large pot with steamer basket and add the artichoke to the steamer basket.
- Steam until tender.
- Remove artichoke and set aside the broth and the artichoke.
- Replace the water in the pot and add the cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts and onion to the steamer basket.
- Steam until tender.
- Put the raw greens (kale, arugula and /or spinach) in a large bowl.
- Place the remainder of the cooked vegetables on top of the greens.
- Put 2 cups of the artichoke broth into the blender.
- Add about ½ of the steamed vegetables to the blender along with more of the broth, avocado, celery, kelp or dulse, sea vegetable, salt, and Brazil nuts.
- Add Italian seasoning and garlic, or any seasonings you prefer. and blend until it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Add water to thin or more of the vegetables to thicken.
- Pour the blended sauce over the vegetables in the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Optional: serve over kelp or konjac noodles. Enjoy on a cold day!
The artichoke can be eaten as is, or make artichoke appetizers by adding a raw pate or dip. Recipes for these are found in my GREEN Cleanse Program recipe guide .
Variations: Add other cleansing herbs like, dill, cayenne, turmeric, ginger, or any other spice you like can be added.
Artichoke and an abundance or brassicas give this recipe liver cleansing and cancer protective effects. You are bombarded daily with toxins – in your environment, homes and foods supply. It's important to understand the risks these toxins deliver and the hormone disruptions and digestive havoc they bring. I discussed much of this on a free webinar, vailable as a replay. Cleanse Your Way To Happy Hormones And Delightful Digestion will clearly show you how important it is to cleanse and detoxify on a regular basis, as well as reduce your toxic oad by eating and drinking nutrient dense whole plant foods.
So, are you going to try this soup?
Post a comment below and let me know what you think and if you come up with any delicious variations, please be sure to let me know by posting a comment below!
Love, Health, and Joy,
P.S. Food–based cleansing using whole foods and herbs is the easiest way to rid your body of toxic accumulation that leads to excess belly fat, hormone imbalances, and embarrassing digestive problems. Get immediate access to recipe guides and cleansing protocols you can get started on RIGHT AWAY:
P.P.S. And remember to post a comment below. Your burning health questions and what topics you’d like to see covered will be featured in future blog posts and webinars.