Did you honor your mother today? If you're a mother, did you honor yourself?
For me, today was a lovely day. I honored myself this mother's day by giving myself a day off. Yes, it is now 9:30 PM and its the first time I've gone to my computer all day! And the only reason I'm here now is to connect with YOU.
Mother's day is a day that can be celebrated by EVERYONE. I personally don't know anyone who doesn't have a mother. Do you? Even if you don't know your mother, have a less than wonderful relationship with her or, like me, have a mom who is no longer present in the physical realm, Mother's Day is still a holiday to celebrate. Your mother gave you the gift of life.
I wish my Mom was still here so I could express my appreciation to her for all she gave me. While I can no longer give gifts to my mom to show my appreciation, I can express gratitude nonetheless. And I can give a gift to you instead.
Here's a delicious new Coconut Pudding Parfait recipe I made for the first time on Friday evening. My son's almost 12 year old friend raved about it. He's never had pudding other than the boxed sugary kind his mom makes him and he was delighted that mine tasted so good and was good for him too.
Coconut Pudding Parfait
by Dr. Ritamarie
- 2 young Thai coconuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or carob powder or 1/8 cup of each
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, powdered or extract, or 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of whole unrefined sea salt
- Open the coconut (there are lots of you tube videos on how to do this).
- Reserve the liquid, scoop out the flesh and put the coconut flesh into your blender.
- Add 3/8 cup dates, 1/2 cup of the reserved coconut water, vanilla and salt.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add extra liquid if needed.
- Spoon 1/2 of the pudding into a bowl.
- To the remaining pudding in the blender, add the cacao powder, remaining dates and about 1/4 cup of the coconut water.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If it's too thick add extra coconut water to desired consistency.
- Into a glass dessert dish or small wine glass, spoon 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate pudding, then 2 tablespoons vanilla and then another 1-2 tablespoons chocolate.
- Top with a cherry or berry and serve.
My second Mother's Day gift for you is a 50% off coupon for any digital product on my website. There are e-books, audio recordings, videos and combination products, all geared towards balancing your body and creating vibrant health.
All the products are listed here:
the coupon code is MOTHERSDAY
It's only good for 24 hours…it expires at midnight eastern time on Monday May 10.
I'm still basking in the joy of the day. What a treat to be honored and appreciated.
My family let me sleep late….until 10AM! My soon to be 12 year old son Kevin climbed into bed with me to cuddle! Wow. I was then showered with flowers, gifts, and beautiful cards. Eric, my 16 year old chose a card that brought tears to my eyes.
After the gift giving, we all sat down to a delicious brunch, including fresh coconut water and a green smoothie!
If you're a mom of teenagers, you know how special it is to get the whole family together for a meal. We did it twice today…brunch at home and dinner at a favorite Indian restaurant, where I feasted on salad with coconut chutney as dressing.
Well, I'm off to finish my day off with a soak in the hot-tub with my hubby Scott.
Remember to head over my product page for your 50% off coupon.
the coupon code is MOTHERSDAY
Love, Health and Joy,
P.S. Comment below and let me know how you honored and were honored for Mother's Day.
I wish I could find FRESH young coconuts here in White Rock