There are times when you may be doing everything right to support your immune system but a nasty cold or flu gets you. What should you do then?
One of my favorite recipes to get on the road to recovery is a nutrient-packed healing vegetable soup that also has the antiviral benefits of garlic, ginger, oregano and thyme.
It’s important to blend in order to reduce the stress on the digestive system. At the same time, blending helps your body absorb the phytonutrients provided by the greens and brassicas. Using the water you steamed the veggies with ensures you get all the water soluble nutrients.
The flax is a great source of omega 3 fats and the avocado adds delicious creaminess if you want something a bit hardier.
- Green leaf vegetables (spinach, arugula, kale, etc.)
- Brassicas (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, etc.)
- Fresh garlic, ginger, oregano, and thyme
- Avocado (optional for added creaminess)
- Flax oil
- Kelp powder
- Salt (optional)
- Steam greens and brassicas.
- Blend veggies in steam water along with garlic, ginger, oregano, and thyme. Add avocado if using.
- Stir in flax oil, kelp, and salt if using.
This is a great opportunity to use your intuitive eating skills. Choose the vegetables and herbs that sound good to you.