Surprise your guests this Thanksgiving with a low fat, gluten-free, hassle free apple pie that is simply delicious! Did I mention it takes only minutes to prepare?!
No Bake Apple Pie with Low Fat Chia Nut Crust
Ingredients Pie Crust:
- ¼ cup of chia seeds ( white or black) soaking in 1/2 cup of water for about 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts (not necessary to soak them)
- ½ cup or more shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates (or extra soaked chia seeds plus stevia for low glycemic version)
- few drops of almond essence
- apples (can use a few varieties to create a more complex taste)
- lemon juice
1. Combine crust* ingredients in food process and process until it holds together as a dough. Add extra coconut or other grated nut if mixture is too sticky.
2. Press dough into pie pan,(we usually use half of the crust for our 9″ pie pan), lightly dust with coconut flakes and set aside while you are preparing the apple filling.
3. Core apples and gently process them in food processor. Make sure you don't over process them, otherwise your filling will turn into apple sauce. Add cinnamon and a splash of lemon juice, and spread on top of your pie crust.
4. Decorate it with soaked goji berries, field cherries and serve!
For more delicious recipes like these, grab a copy of my Fresh n' Fun Thanksgiving Feast e-book on special for the entire month of November.
Yours in health and joy,