One of the bigget myths I encounter related to eating healthfully is that it takes a lot of time. In reality, it's actually pretty quick to put together a satisfying and delicious meal made of fresh, whole living food . You can do it in a matter of minutes.
If you're looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas, my new book “Power Breakfast Ideas: Start Your Day with the Energizing Magic of Fresh, Whole Living Foods” is loaded with ideas. From Green beginnings to quick and energizing chia pudding the recipes are all gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and filled with whole raw living food goodness. And the photos are gorgeous. It feels good to eat foods that not only taste great, but look beautiful as well.
Here's a video of my friends Kevin and Ann Marie Gianni of Renegadehealth.com making my favorite recipe of all, Apple Ginger Medley:
Apple Ginger Medley from Dr. Ritamarie's Power Breakfast Ideas Book
Here's the recipe
Apple Ginger Breakfast Medley
This recipe is very satiating. I feel full for many hours after eating it.
- 1 – 2 apples, finely diced
- ¼ cup almonds, soaked and chopped
- ¼ inch piece of ginger, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Toppings: (Your choice) cacao nibs, goji berries, coconut flakes, raisins, hemp seeds, etc.
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- ½ tablespoon flax oil
- 1-2 pitted medjool dates, soaked for a few minutes in 1/4 cup water to soften
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder (optional – for chocolate sauce)
- Make the topping by blending coconut cream concentrate, flax oil, dates and chocolate (if desired) until smooth and creamy. Add a small amount of date soaking water if needed to make it pourable.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
Apples, ginger and almonds can be chopped in a food processor or using a food chopper tool. I use one from Pampered Chef.
Love, Health and Joy,