Naturally gluten free and dairy free, this raw food recipe using fresh mango and young Thai coconut is heavenly. And the best part is how easy it is to make. I made this for dinner one evening when I felt like I'd had enough greens for the day and could splurge.
Two of my favorite foods are mango and coconut. Not sure why I hadn't thought of making a pudding from them before. Eating this creamy pudding made me feel like I was in Hawaii. Oh, yes, I also loved the coconut water that comes as a bonus when you make this pudding.
Dr. Ritamarie's Coconut Mango Pudding
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 young Thai coconuts
- Peel and pit the mango.
- Cut mango into blender-manageable chunks. This will vary depending on the type and size of your blender. The Vitamix can handle big chunks.
- Cut open the Thai coconuts. There are lots of methods. Spend some time on you tube and find one that suits you.
- Pour the coconut liquid into a glass. Sip as you make the pudding. Ahhhhh!!!
- Scoop out the coconut flesh and put into your blender.
- Add just enough of the coconut water to allow the ingredients to blend easily. Save the rest to enjoy as a delightful beverage.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
We have additional pudding and dessert recipes in our new book “Dessert- Making it Rich Without Oil”. With over 50 raw foods recipes, perfect for anyone on a gluten free diet and everyone who, in the interest of health, desires to avoid sweeteners and refined foods.
It's easy and fun to consume a diet high in raw and living foods. The big advantage is with recipes like this, you can have dessert instead f dinner! Just make sure you eat plenty of greens earlier in the day.
With Love and Gratitude,