Valentine's day is on the horizon- another national sugar holiday day in the United States.
Filling up on sweets and snuggling close with your honey sounds good in theory, but the romantic mood might be overshadowed by sugar's certain hangover. Your waistline expands, your face breaks out and your energy tanks.
This recipe is filled with adaptogenic herbs that balance your hormones and nourish your body. They are yummy and contain no high glycemic sweeteners, not even dates. Instead, they're sweetened with a hint of stevia and are safe for diabetics, the anti-candida diet and other gut ailments, hypoglycemia, or insulin resistance. Actually they’re good for everyone!
Sugar is more of a problem than fat, so go ahead and indulge in the whole, plant-based fats in these candies.
Valentine's Day Candy
- 2 tablespoons almond butter, smooth
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/32 teaspoon sea salt, (a smidgen)Happy and Healthy Valentine's Day
- 6 drops Sweet Leaf Whole Leaf Stevia Concentrate, plain or chocolate flavored (more to taste if desired)
- 1 tablespoon raw carob powder or 1 tablespoons raw cacao, or 1/2 tablespoon of each
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil, food grade
- 1/4 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cordyceps, chaga or reishi mushroom(optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Whisk or stir all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon into heart shaped candy molds.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Pop them out of the molds and enjoy.
For more hormone-balancing, low glycemic recipes, get my Hormone-Hacking Breakfast Guide here:http://www.HormoneHackingBreakfastMenus.com