This week's recipe is a recipe from Aunt Sue's Recipe Collection inside Dr. Ritamarie's book, Unstoppable Health.
Superfood Energy Bars
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dates OR 1/4 cup Chia Gel sweetened with low-glycemic sweetener of choice, i.e. stevia, luo han, erythritol, or others listed at the end of this book
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium powder
- 1/2 cup chia seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Make a paste by blending the dates and/or low-glycemic sweetened Chia Gel, raisins, and water in a high speed blender until smooth. Set this aside.
- Process the walnuts, Brazil nuts, salt, maca, vanilla, carob powder, psyllium powder and chia seeds in a food processor until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the date and raisin paste and continue to process until the mixture makes a dough.
- Add the hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, and goji berries. Pulse briefly to mix.
- Spread the mixture into an 8×8 glass pan lined with saran wrap or parchment paper.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove from glass pan and slice into desired sizes.
- Place brownies on a dehydrator tray lined with a mesh screen and dehydrate at 105°F for 8 hours or more to taste. Alternatively, you can place them in a glass dish and freeze them for several hours for a chewier energy bar..
Find more recipes like this inside Dr, Ritamarie's new book Unstoppable Health.
Buy it on Kindle here.