Warm and Immune Boosting Vegetable Soup
A filling and delicious soup combining raw and lightly cooked vegetables, rich in warming and immune enhancing herbs and omega 3 rich seeds. Just what we need with the changing of the seasons and cooler temperatures around the corner.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/3 head of green cabbage
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup arame sea vegetable
- 1 teaspoon powdered kelp
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Process cut cabbage into thin strips, chop onion finely, and break broccoli into small florets. Cut celery into 1 inch pieces and mince in food processor.
- Put celery into a large bowl with arugula.
- Sprinkle salt over arugula and celery, and massage until wilted.
- Put water in pot and steam broccoli, onion, green beans and cabbage until just tender. Add steamed vegetables to bowl with arugula and celery.
- Pour steam water over vegetables.
- Add arame, kelp, garlic, Italian seasoning, sesame and hemp seeds, and flax oil, and stir well.
- Add extra salt or seasonings, if desired. Stir and enjoy!
- Add a pinch of cayenne (optional).
This recipe is from Dr. Ritamarie’s Sweet Spot Solution blood sugar balancing program.
What is the weather like in your area? What do you do to keep warm? Share your ideas in the comments below.