A filling and delicious soup combining raw and lightly cooked vegetables, rich in warming and immune enhancing herbs and omega 3 rich seeds. Just what we need at the changing of the seasons!
Warm and Immune Boosting Vegetable Soup
1 head broccoli
1/2 cup green beans
1/3 head of green cabbage
2 cups baby arugula
2 stalks celery
1 cup arame sea vegetable
1 teaspoon powdered kelp
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, ground
1 tablespoon flax oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4 cups water
1. Cut cabbage into thin strips, chop onion finely, and break broccoli
into small florets.
Cut celery into 1inch pieces and mince in food processor.
2. Put celery into a large bowl with arugula.
3. Sprinkle salt over arugula and celery and massage until wilted.
4. Put water in pot and steam broccoli, onion, green beans and cabbage until just
tender.Add steamed vegetables to bowl with arugula and celery.
5. Pour steam water over vegetables.
6. Add arame, kelp, garlic, Italian seasoning, sesame and hemp seed and flax oil
and stir well.
7. Add extra salt or seasonings if desired. Stir and enjoy.
8. Add a pinch of cayenne(optional)
This recipe is from Dr. Ritamarie's upcoming program B4 Be Gone starting on October 3, 2013.
Yours in health and joy,