One of the things I love most about this recipe is its versatility. You can plan the meal or use up whatever veggies you have in the fridge. The more variety the better and all options are “on the table”!
As is, it’s chock-full of cruciferous vegetables that contain that all-important phytonutrient sulforaphane that has been shown to support heart and brain health and protect against cancer.
The garlic and onion contain antioxidants which also help lower blood sugar and increase insulin sensitivity.
Be sure to use the stem of the broccoli and cauliflower as well as the celery leaf to add an even broader variety of nutrients and texture.
Adaptogenic mushrooms like maitake or shitake add to the deliciousness and health benefits.
Add your favorite herbs for extra flavor, nutrients and health benefits. You can’t go wrong with any!
The more you let your intuition guide you, the better your chance of getting exactly what your body needs.
Have Fun and Enjoy!
Sesame Vegetable Medley
- 1 cup organic cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup organic broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup steam water from vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil( optional)
- A handful of sesame seeds
- Put all vegetables in a large pot and steam for 5 minutes until softened.
- Put the steamed vegetables in a pan with remaining ingredients (except sesame oil) and sauté for a few minutes, until everything is tender. Add more steam water if needed to keep moist.
- Turn off the flame and stir in sesame oil if using.
- Toss in sesame seeds.
- Salt to taste.