The weather suddenly turned “cold“ here in Austin. It was 82 degrees Fahrenheit when I went out for my run at 4PM Monday afternoon, and by the same time Tuesday, it was only 54 degrees Fahrenheit. Brrrrrrrrrr! So I decided to make myself something warm to take the chill out of my insides. I wanted something warm and green, and I love Thai Food, so what better way to nourish myself than a hot vegetable soup high in health-promoting brassicas and warming Thai spices.
This soup hit the spot:
Instant Thai Green Curry Soup
- 1 zucchini, cut into ¼ inch rounds
- A large handful of green beans
- 1 stalk broccoli
- ½ head cauliflower
- ½ head cabbage
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1-2 tablespoons Artisana 100% Organic Raw Coconut Butter (available at Vitacost)
- 1 tablespoon Thai Curry Blend (from Mountain Rose Herbs)
- ½ teaspoon Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste (available at Vitacost)
- ½ teaspoon kelp powder
- Salt to taste
- Steam veggies until tender.
- Add steam water and ½ veggies to the blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Cut remaining veggies into bite sized pieces.
- Pour blended soup over the veggies.
- Optional: Rinse and drain a bag of konjac noodles and place in bowl with soup.
- Optional: Add a big handful of arugula to the bowl and stir well.
This soup was very filling, warming, delicious and nutritious. And will “warm the cockles of your soul”. Enjoy!
Post a comment below and let me know what you think. And if you come up with any delicious variations, also please be sure to let me know by posting a comment below!
Love, Health and Joy,
P.S. If you're as fond of Thai food as I am, you’ll love our Thai Live Foods Preparation class. You’ll learn to make a complete Thai meal and get to eat it, too. Chef Karen Osborne, graduate of Living Light Culinary Institute, is an amazing raw foods chef and has created many creative and delicious recipes. Here’s the menu for Thai Food Goes Raw – Sugar, Dairy and Gluten Free Recipes for Vibrant Health:
- Thai Coconut Soup
- Thai Wraps
- Green Mango Salad
- Pad Thai
- Coconut Mango Mint Ice Cream
P.P.S. Put strategies into place right away to make belly fat, brain fog and burnout fatigue a thing of the past. Register HERE for instant access to a series of 5 videos and a 90 minute webinar to empower you to instant action.
or – take supreme action and get fully supported for 3 months!