Meet Our SHINE Conference Leader
Meet Our SHINE Conference
Food As Medicine Guest Experts
It is my great honor and pleasure to bring you my panel of Special Guest Experts that I’ve handpicked over many of my amazing colleagues, due to their expertise in distinct areas of foods, medicine, and health. Confirmations are still underway, so watch this page for exciting updates!
Dr. Deanna Minich – Why Food Alone is Not Enough: How to Connect Nutrition to Nourishment
- Creativity is required for healing.
- Color can heal one’s life.
- Flow is a healing element in anyone’s encounter with clients.
- Just like our genes, everyone has a personalized form of creativity; Dr. Minich calls it one’s “creative DNA”.
- Helping others to heal requires that we are open to the flow of a therapeutic process.
- The healing arts requires engagement, listening, storytelling, myth, and metaphor; the private practice alludes to labs, biomarkers, uncovering, solution-seeking, and linearity.
Dr. Deanna Minich is an internationally-recognized teacher, author, scientist, speaker, and artist. She has more than 20 years of diverse, well-rounded experience in the fields of nutrition and functional medicine, including clinical practice, research, product formulation, writing, and education. Her Doctoral (Ph.D.) research focused on essential fatty acid absorption and metabolism, and her Master’s degree (M.S.) allowed her to explore the health benefits of the colorful, plant-based carotenoids.
She has authored five books on health and wellness and over fifteen scientific publications.Currently, she is Faculty for the Institute for Functional Medicine and the University of Western States. She has developed an online certification program for health professionals so that they can apply the color-coded 7 Systems of Full-Spectrum Health in their practice. Her lectures are heard by patients and practitioners throughout the world. Dr. Minich’s passion is teaching a whole-self approach to nourishment and bridging the gaps between science, spirituality, and art in medicine.
Dr. Tom O’Bryan – Healing from Autoimmunity: Which Foods, Which Nutrients, Which Partners
- Regain health and vitality being on the Autoimmune spectrum requires informative selective choices. We will dial down how to determine what will work for you and your clients.
Dr. Tom O’Bryan is an internationally recognized speaker and workshop leader specializing in the complications of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity, Celiac Disease, and Autoimmune Disease as they occur inside and outside of the intestines.
He is the founder of www.theDr.com. He is the visionary behind the paradigm-shifting The Gluten Summit – A Grain of Truth, bringing together 29 of the world’s experts on the gluten connection to diseases, disorders, a wide-range of symptoms and ages.
Dr. Anna Cabeca – Food as Medicine for Female Hormone Balance & Sexual Health: The Innocent Bystander to Gut Health Issues
- Gut and the Sexual health connection
- Nutrition fundamentals to improve hormones and sexual health
- Sexual health is about more than just sex
- 3 steps to improving vaginal health
Dr. Anna Cabeca, the researcher and developer behind Mighty Maca™ Greens, is a board certified Gynecologist and Obstetrician, as well as board certified in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine, an expert in Functional Medicine, and an expert in women’s health. She specializes in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and natural alternatives, successful menopause, and age management medicine.
Dr. Cabeca frequently lectures nationally and internationally regarding restorative health and women’s health issues. She is a consultant and trainer for other physicians in Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy and Functional Medicine Principles.
She is the co-creator of the Sexy Younger You! telesummit and the creator of the highly acclaimed virtual transformational programs: WomensRestorativeHealth.com and SexualCPR.com. Her all new MagicMenopause.com program launched in June 2016.
Dr. David Weinthal – Chinese Medicine Food Principles – Understanding Foods that Nourish Your Clients Constitutions
- Understand Basic Chinese Medicine Constitution Types
- Understanding Food Choices
- Recognizing Deficiencies and Foods that Nourish the Constitution Elements
David Weinthal, DOM, LAc, is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine and a Licensed Acupuncturist. Dr. Weinthal is passionate about empowering his patients to achieve optimal health using natural medicine. He has trained extensively both in the United States (Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine, Academy of Five Elements) and China (Beijing University Hospital); has over 17 years of experience as an acupuncturist; and is a Master Herbalist, raw food chef, and spiritual teacher. Using an eclectic approach, he combines the best of acupuncture, herbal medicine, food as medicine, and esoteric healing to transform not only your health, but also your spirit.
Dr Weinthal is the founder and creator of the online High Vibrational Living Summit, a series of 36 interviews with experts on health, wellness, and spirituality. He also authored an e-book and instructional video, Awakening the Soul, on stress reduction using Qigong and meditation..
Steph Jackson – Using the “Right” Fermented Foods to Balance and Heal your Client’s Gut
- How to know when your client is using the “Wrong” probiotics for their body
- When to change probiotic supplements
- How to help your clients gain diversity
- The top beneficial bacteria that combat IBS and SIBO
- Three easy recipes to CUSTOMIZE to your client’s unique digestive issues
Steph Jackson Crave Conscious yogurt company founder, teacher, and writer guides revolutionary health enthusiasts and educators as they change the face of personal care and health care by rebuilding their digestion and immunity with functional probiotics and nutrition.
She loves wildcrafting, fermenting, and geeking out just a little in her programs and personal life. After healing her own chronic pain and fatigue, she is a fierce friend and mentor for you to do the same for yourself and your clients.
Toni St. Clair – 3 Mindset Strategies to FINALLY Shift Your Clients’ Eating Habits!
- Learn how to identify what’s eating them, not just what they’re eating.
- Learn the subtle and not so subtle signs of self-sabotage and how to guide your clients to successfully overcome them.
- Learn how to guide your clients from eating a “perfect diet” to eating what is perfect for them so they can make changes that stick.
Toni St. Clair is a functional nutrition coach, plant-based nutrition educator, wellness consultant, and motivational speaker. She is an expert in guiding people to transition to transformation She has received multiple but interrelated certifications as a live food chef and instructor, plant-based nutrition educator, hatha yoga teacher, and natural eyesight improvement teacher, and she is currently a certification candidate at the Institute of Nutritional Endocrinology. Toni is the creator and host of the popular 2015 Your Life In Balance Summit and the companion Your Life In Balance Go-To Guide.
Toni has the skills, training, and tools to help you balance your health and transform your life by meeting you where you are to get you where you want to be. Her approach is to provide her clients with skills and resources to make sustainable changes in a manner and pace that is affordable and practical.