Reaching for the candy in the afternoon to bring up your energy will leave you more tired and craving for another sugar kick. It's a vicious cycle.
These peppermint patties break all the candy rules! They are low-glycemic, raw, and quick and easy to make, as well as bursting with flavor and blood-sugar-balancing nutrients.
- 1 cup Artisana coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops stevia or 1/8 tsp green powdered stevia (or to taste. My husband wanted them to be a little sweeter. I liked them as is)
- 1 cup cacao paste melted in the dehydrator (you can substitute cacao powder with cacao or coconut butter)
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted
- 10 drops chocolate or other flavored stevia, or erythritol, inulin, or other low-glycemic sweetener
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the coconut butter, coconut oil, peppermint oil, and stevia. Adjust to your desired sweetness, as well as the strength of the peppermint flavor.
- Put in a silicon mold of your desired shape and allow to harden in the freezer (about 15 minutes). If you don’t have molds, pour into a parchment-lined baking dish and cut to desired shapes when partially hardened (they will tend to be irregular in shape)
- Combine the melted cacao, coconut oil, and sweetener in a medium-sized bowl. Once the coconut mixture you put in the freezer is hardened, remove from the freezer and dip into the chocolate mixture.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place back into the freezer until hardened. Store in a glass container in the refrigerator.
These are sure to delight your family, as well as satisfy your sweet tooth!
For more indulgent and blood-sugar stabilizing recipes, check out my free recipe guide HERE.