Functional foods with powerful phytonutrients and supportive adaptogens don’t need to come on a plate. This tasty and nutritious elixir is packed with both!
Nuts and seeds provide minerals and valuable omega-3s while adaptogenic mushroom powders support the immune system, help adrenal fatigue, and fight inflammation. The antioxidant properties of astragalus along with the blood sugar regulating abilities of ashwagandha may help with metabolic dysregulation. Add maca to aid hormone balance. Top it off with the healthy fats found in coconut and you have a delicious and nutritious almost-meal in a glass.
Notes: Use a tea or nut milk of your choice. Ingredients can be substituted to customize for your specific health needs. (A great resource for mushroom powders is Mountain Rose Herbs)
Adrenal and Immune Boosting Elixir
- 1 tea bag of Spring Dragon Longevity Tea (Dragon Herbs)
- 16 ounces purified water
- 4 large Brazil nuts
- 1 tablespoon raw organic walnuts
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon chaga mushroom powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon reishi mushroom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cordyceps mushroom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon astragalus powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwagandha powder
- 2 tablespoons raw carob powder or raw cacao powder (or ½ and ½)
- 1 tablespoon Artisana Coconut Butter, or 2 tablespoons dried coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia green leaf powder, or 3-4 drops your choice flavored Sweet Leaf Stevia, or 1 teaspoon Lakanto (made from erythritol and luo han guo extract)
Boil water and steep tea bag for 10-15 minutes. Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Adjust sweeteners and flavorings to taste and enjoy.