There isn't a better time than now to add a new recipe in for the week so I would like to share this anti-inflammatory, immune boosting snack with you.
These crackers are yummy and satisfy any craving you may have for something with crunch and texture while benefiting your body in very positive ways. Not only may these satisfy your cravings, they could make great snacks for kids.
An Anti-Inflammatory, Immune Boosting “Pizza Cracker”
My son helped me name this recipe!
- 4 cups Chia Gel
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Quantum Tomato Concentrate* powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl or add to Vitamix container and pulse until well combined.
- Spoon onto dehydrator tray lined with nonstick sheet to make individual crackers. Run dehydrator at 120 degrees for about 8 hours .
- Flip crackers onto mesh lined tray and dehydrate until crunchy, about 8 hours longer. If you use fresh tomato instead of powdered, it will take a little longer to dry.
- Don't be shy, once your crackers are finished dehydrating go ahead and add a raw nut cheese or your favorite veggies on top for an extra pizza flavor. Have fun with it!
1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Put chia and water into a quart sized Mason jar or a glass bowl that can be covered.
- Shake or mix well.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 8 hours or overnight for 12 or more hours in the refrigerator. Store up to a week in the refrigerator.