The combination of vanilla and carob makes a delicious chocolate-like brownie. The kale is not detectable; it helps your body absorb the sugar from the sweetener, in order to better stabilize your blood sugar.
- 2 cups de-stemmed kale, lightly packed
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnuts, preferably soaked and dehydrated
- 1 cup pecans, preferably soaked and dehydrated
- 1 tablespoon ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia gel
- 2/3 cup carob powder
- 20 drops chocolate stevia or ¼ cup Zero – organic erythritol
1. Process the kale and salt in a food processor until chopped.
2. Remove the kale to a bowl and set aside.
3. Process the walnuts, pecans, and vanilla until finely ground, being careful not to over process into a nut butter.
4. Add the chia and kale and process until the mixture begins to stick together.
5. Add the carob powder and process until it is incorporated.
6. If mixture is too gooey, add some shredded coconut to absorb some of the moisture. If too dry, add extra chia gel or water.
7. Press into an 8 X 8 glass pan and chill for at least an hour.
8. Slice and serve.
This healthy dessert can be found in our VITAL Healing Kitchen.