If you're looking for a sweet, low-glycemic, gluten-free recipe this holiday season, you've met your match.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 tablespoon Chia Gel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 10 – 15 drops Sweet Leaf Whole Leaf Stevia Concentrate, to taste
- Process pecans, almonds, coconut, and Chia Gel with salt and spices in a food processor until they are completely chopped. Mixture should be a little coarse and should hold together. If needed, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- Roll or press dough onto non-stick sheets and use cookie cutters to make into desired shapes.
- Place in freezer until they are firm.
Basic Chia Gel Recipe: You can make a gel from the chia seeds by placing 1 cup of chia and 5-6 cups of water in a bowl and allowing it to sit for several hours or overnight until all the water has been absorbed and a thick gel is formed. This gel can be used as the basis for pudding, added to smoothies or salad dressings, or made into dehydrated crackers or crisps.