As part of my SHINE webinar series, I talk about the intimate connection between your everyday hormones (insulin, thyroid and adrenal) and your “fun” hormones (estrogen, testosterone and progesterone).
We discussed how too much stress uses up the building blocks of your sex hormones in order to make cortisol, and your sex hormones suffer. So does DHEA, and your skin sags and your hair falls out!
Yikes. That’s no fun.
While we all run around looking for the fountain of youth, we often fail to look in our own back yards.
Just look at some of the habits that can be modified to healthy ones, such as:
- Managing stress and filling yourself with delicious nutrient dense whole foods can go a long way towards improving your longevity.
- Watching the news, eating on the run and living in the world of worry and regret age you faster than any magic cream can restore your youth.
- Throwing away the processed foods and giving up sugar balances your blood sugar, flattens your belly and clears your brain better than any drug on the market.
- And we learned that blood sugar balance is an integral part of healing your thyroid. And restoring your adrenal health is vital to the restoration of thyroid.
It seems that there is an epidemic of thyroid disease in today’s world.
While flustered and frustrated maidens fret about their hair falling out in clumps, busy high achievers are stopped dead in their tracks as the fatigue becomes debilitating.
They are then labeled as suffering from fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome and sentenced to a life on the couch.
Oh yes, and as a result of the thyroid imbalance, you may be constipated and given laxatives, or worse yet told it’s normal to have bowel movements once or twice a week. Meanwhile the entire toxin load that your liver works so hard to get rid of every day gets recirculated and stored into an extra roll of fat around your middle.
All because conventional medicine hasn’t caught on to the understanding of how your body really works, and has failed to order the tests that give true value and lead to action steps to get you out of this rut.
And so it goes. Decades later you still take your thyroid medicine, all the while gaining weight, losing energy and feeling overwhelmed.
SO what if there was a better way?
The good news is that there IS a much better way. And it's easier than you think. You can begin with these solutions:
Join: my free webinar series SHINE, and learn to assess and correct hormone imbalances that are all too often overlooked.
Read: the Assessing Your Own Thyroid Function blog post, where I share lab tests your doctor may not even know about for assessing the function of your failing thyroid.
Watch: my Bye Bye Belly Fat Brain Fog and Burnout videos to be reminded about how to determine if blood sugar imbalance is a trigger for you.
Learn: how to eat and cleanse for health in my webinar From SAD to RAD.
(Standard American Diet to Rejuvenating Age-Defying Detox: How to Eat Green, Be Lean, and Feel Eighteen! – FREE Webinar).
There are solutions, and you don’t have to live with it.
It could be as simple as an iodine deficiency or as complex as Hashimotos, an autoimmune thyroiditis.
It’s just a matter of testing to determine.
In the meantime, include the following 10 foods daily to begin the process of hormone restoration.
- Kelp – laminaria digitata 1-2 ounces per week
- Brazil nuts – 2 – 4 per day
- Kale – 2-3 bunches a week
- Chlorella – loaded with minerals and great for cleansing and blood sugar balance
- Chia seeds – for omega 3 fats and blood sugar balance and endurance
- Coconut – a companion to chia seed that helps omega 3 fat elongation to EPA and DHA. Also a good source of gut healing and flora balancing MCT oil a, capryllic acid and monolaurin and MCT is good for your brain.
- Broccoli sprouts – 2-3 packages a week and / or Broccoli seeds – 1-2 tablespoons a day
- Turmeric – an Indian spice that turns inflammation on its side, protects from cancer and protects you in so many ways
- Ashwaganda – (unless you are hyperthyroid) 1 teaspoon per day in a smoothie or 30 drops of tincture 2-3 times a day
- Pure water – twice your body weight in fluid ounces of water
There are a lot more therapeutic foods, and many just might be your new best friends!
In my soon to be opened for registration Energy Recharge Coaching Program and VITAL Healing Community, we teach the magic of food through online food classes and recipes…and SO much more.
So, as you can see there is plenty of help available to you! Get the support you need right here and now to help you personalize your diet, supplements, herb supplementation and totally do-able fitness regime catered to your specific needs (very important, as the solutions are not a one size fits all). The important thing is to DO something…start somewhere! And that somewhere is right here. Take action and take back your life.
Your health is your most precious asset. Protect it well and you will be rewarded with a long, healthy and prosperous life.
In health and joy,