One common denominator of autoimmune disease is the inflammation it creates in the body.
The cleaner a person’s diet with whole, minimally processed foods the better.
This is one of my favorite recipes for both balancing the immune system and calming the inflammation that can take place.
The walnuts and flaxseeds are rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats. The phytonutrients in the onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and zucchini are antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory. The alkalizing effect of celery is also anti-inflammatory.
Vitamin C found in the red pepper and lemon along with the sulforaphane in broccoli boosts the immune system.
The added balancing effect of the adaptogen cordyceps provides support where most needed, customized to the individual.
Blend and enjoy raw or gently heat if you prefer. Either way it’s sure to be a favorite.
Immune Modulating, Anti-Inflammatory Soup
- 6 stalks/heads of broccoli
- 1-inch chunk of fresh ginger
- 1/2-inch chunk of fresh turmeric
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper or carrot
- 1 tablespoon shitake, ground lightly
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 handful of fresh onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 whole clove
- 2 teaspoon cordyceps mushroom powder
Blend until creamy