- 1 head of Lacinato (aka “dinosaur”) kale or curly kale, stems removed ** Note that lacinato kale is a lot lower in oxalates, in case you are sensitive
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon whole, unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon unrefined whole sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Stack 3 – 4 kale leaves at a time. Slice crosswise into thin ribbon strips, using a down and through motion, keeping the tip of the knife on the cutting board.
- Pour marinade over cut kale.
- Add the crushed garlic and salt.
- Use your hands to massage the marinade into the kale. The kale will wilt and become soft. It will take on a “cooked” like appearance.
- Taste the kale. If there is still bitterness, add additional salt and/or lemon juice to balance.
Gently toss with tomato quarters, cauliflower, red pepper, and pine nuts.