Maitake Meets the Sea
- 1-2 handfuls dried maitake mushroom
- 1-2 handfuls arame or other sea vegetable
- seasalt to taste
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- season to taste
- 2-3 cups hot water or enough to cover all the dried ingredients
- Place maitake and sea veggies in a bowl.
- Cover with hot water.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Add salt, sesame oil, and any seasonings desired.
This recipe is ideal for blood sugar balance and thyroid functioning. The maitake helps to lower blood sugar and the sea veggies are loaded with iodine and other minerals your thyroid will love.
I created it as part of the metabolic reset process we do in my Sweet Spot Solutions program that helps people normalize blood sugar, lose belly fat, and regain their energy and mental clarity.