Valentine’s day is usually a great excuse for filing up on sweets, then regretting it when your waistline expands, your face breaks out and your energy tanks.
Enjoy this recipe filled with amazing herbs that balance your hormones and nourish your body. They are yummy and contain no sweeteners, not even dates. Instead, they’re sweetened with a hint of stevia and are perfect for diabetics (and for you if you have difficulty with candida overgrowth or other gut ailments, hypoglycemia, or insulin resistance). Actually they’re good for everyone!
Sugar is even more of a problem than fat when it comes to heart disease and cancer!
Valentine’s Day Candy
- 2 tablespoons almond butter, smooth
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/32 teaspoon sea salt, (a smidgen)Happy and Healthy Valentine’s Day
- 6 drops Sweet Leaf Whole Leaf Stevia Concentrate, plain or chocolate flavored (more to taste if desired)
- 1 tablespoon raw carob powder or 1 tablespoons raw cacao, or 1/2 tablespoon of each
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil, food grade
- 1/4 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cordyceps, chaga or reishi mushroom(optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Whisk or stir all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon into heart shaped candy molds.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Pop them out of the molds and enjoy.
What’s your favorite healthy Valentine’s Day dessert recipe? Comment below and be sure to share recipes you use to celebrate this special holiday.