In my article Recharge Your Energy and Your Hormones with Ashwagandha, I've shared the details of this magical herb! This hot cocoa-like beverage supports both your thyroid and adrenals. The key ingredient is ashwagandha, an Ayurvedic adaptogenic herb with very diverse actions. Optional extras add even more punch to its hormone balancing energizing properties.
Warming Energizing Chocolate Chai
- 8-12 ounces boiling water
- 1-2 teabags Tulsi tea
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha
- 10 drops chocolate stevia ( or your desired flavor)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 2 drops cinnamon oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom or 1 drop cardamom essential oil
- Optional 1 teaspoon cordyceps extract powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder or 1/4 cup coconut milk (preferably home made)
- Pinch of salt or kelp
1. Pour boiling water over a the tea bags.
2. Let steep for 5 minutes.
3. Place remaining ingredients except for stevia in a large mug .
4. Pour tea into the mug. Stir well. I like to use a little hand mixer I found on Amazon. It makes it all frothy.
5. Add stevia to taste.
Optional: You can put everything in the blender and mix until it's smooth. You can use any low glycemic sweetener and flavorings you choose. Options for sweeteners are luo han, erythritol, lucuma, and Jerusalem artichoke syrup or powder. For flavors, try essential oils like peppermint, orange, or spearmint, or Medicine Flower pure extracts. You can also use vanilla or almond extract from Frontier Herbs, available at all health food stores.
Comment Below – do you have a favorite beverage to start the day?
Favorite Morning Beverage
1/2 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Holy Basil/Tulsi
Put the above in a cup. Add boiling water and stir
Raw fresh ginger in a cup of boiling water – to taste.