Wraps: the key ingredient for quick, easy, plant-based meals.
Healthy avocado wraps are fast and easy to create and are full of nutritious ingredients for a plant-based diet. All you need are few simple ingredients.
If I’m in charge of meal prep it needs to be quick and easy and one of my absolute, all-time FAVORITE ways to eat a meal is by using wraps; wraps of all kinds, and every variety. If I don’t have my own premade wraps, they are easy to find.
A collard green or romaine leaf makes a great wrap as does a nori sheet or even half of a pepper. Anything that can hold a delicious variety of veggies and condiments will work.
If you are looking for a more traditional wrap, I love Nuco brand, Wrawp, and Chocola Tree. They can all be found online and have a variety of organic, clean, gluten-free options.
If making your own wraps, here are some basics:
- I only use a dehydrator to make my bread, crackers, and wraps. I’ve never tried another method. Some people have successfully used convection or regular oven. The most important thing you want to remember is to keep the temperature low (110 F or lower) in order to preserve the nutritional value of the ingredients.
- Every recipe can be used to make wraps, bread, or crackers. The thinner you spread the recipe and the longer you dehydrate it, the crisper it will be. If spread thicker and dried for a shorter period of time, it will be more pliable and bread-like.
- You can use the full size of your dehydrator sheet and cut to size after dehydrating or form them individually into the shape you want in advance. Scoring is helpful if the finished product is going to be crispy.
- Experiment! Spices, seasonings, ingredients, shapes, thickness! I don’t know of anything I haven’t at some point thrown into my Vitamix, blended to a slurry, and dehydrated.
My avocado wrap is a great example of what is possible with all of my dehydrator recipes; customizing for specific nutritional needs and preferences.
It avoids using nuts for those that are sensitive or don’t want the calories, is loaded with plant-based phytonutrients, and includes broccoli powder for a hidden nutritional boost- especially for those family members who aren’t particularly fond of the green stuff.
The possibilities are endless so give it a try. It may be the key to your easiest, quickest, and healthiest meals yet.
A salad you can eat by hand? What beats that!?
- 1 avocado
- 1 zucchini, cut into pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into pieces 1
- Piece of onion, cut into pieces
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- Sprinkle pink salt
- 1 tablespoon broccoli sprout powder
1. Add avocado, zucchini, carrot, onion, and water in Vitamix and blend.
2. Pour in bowl.
3. Add flaxseed meal, salt, and broccoli powder and stir.
4. Spread to desired shape and thickness on hydrator sheet and dehydrate for 8 hours at 110F.