A Sea Veggie Recipe That Nourishes Your Thyroid
Research shows that eating mineral-rich sea vegetables on a regular basis supports the endocrine system, especially the thyroid gland. Discover one of my favorite dishes from the sea that will keep your thyroid on an even keel.
- 3 cloves garlic, raw
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cups kale, raw, chopped
- 1/2 lb spinach, raw
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, or 1/4 – 1/2 cup dried
- 1 cup sea vegetables, like wakame, soaked and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon pink sea salt
- Soak sea vegetables in water while preparing the remainder of the ingredients.
- Put the remaining ingredients in the food processor (add in small batches, if necessary, depending on the capacity of the food processor).
- Squeeze the liquid out of the sea vegetables, and add to the processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Adjust salt and basil to desired taste and enjoy!
If you're incorporating steps to help with thyroid repair, you might find value in my Thyroid Revive and Thrive program.