Chia Power Breakfast Pudding
Chia seeds are filled with omega-3 fats, minerals, and proteins. They are filling and an excellent food for increasing strength and endurance!
- 1 cup chia seeds, soaked in 6-7 cups of water, juice, or smoothie for 8 hours or longer
- 1 cup raw organic coconut flour or shredded coconut
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked in water, or other sweetener, 2-4 tablespoons
- 1-2 teaspoons raw, organic, pure vanilla extract, or other flavoring to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Cinnamon to taste (optional)
- Stir coconut flour into chia. Chia seeds will have absorbed all the liquid and expanded. They will be thick and gelatinous.
- Add vanilla, salt, cinnamon or other flavorings, if using.
- Stir in date paste or other sweetener. Taste.
- Add more sweetener or blended fruit, if additional sweetness is desired.
- For a low-glycemic porridge, leave out the date paste and a half dropper of liquid stevia instead.
- If desired, top with chopped nuts, raisins, or goji berries that have been soaked to soften.
- If you would like to serve the pudding like porridge, pour nut or seed milk on top.
This recipe is from Dr. Ritamarie's Power Breakfast Ideas. If you've made this recipe, or one like it, please share in the comments below what you thought of it. Did you make it just like this recipe, or did you make changes? We'd love to know!