Nutribooster Dehydrated Veggie Seed Bread
One of the great things about using a dehydrator to create savory breads, wraps, and crackers is that you aren’t bound by the same rules as when you bake. In fact, there really aren’t any rules.
You don’t need a leavening agent, you can use just about any of your favorite herbs, spices and vegetables as ingredients, and it is one of the easiest, most foolproof ways to create delicious, gluten-free alternatives to something many people crave the most when moving toward a diet free from foods that trigger inflammation in the body.
My Veggie Seed Bread couldn’t be easier and provides loads of satisfying nutrition.
The red pepper is an excellent source of vitamin A and C, both powerful antioxidants that contribute to tissue and bone repair. Celery helps reduce inflammation while supporting digestion and cauliflower is a cruciferous veggie high in fiber and B-vitamins that can protect against cancer.
The variety of seeds and nuts add healthy fats so critical to brain and cell function while the black cumin is great for thyroid health.
If you are sensitive to nightshades, add more cauliflower or zucchini, or better yet, try adding another veggie of your choice. If you can’t eat or don’t want to use seeds or nuts, add avocado as your healthy fat.
With this recipe you want it the consistency of pancake batter that can be poured onto whatever you use for the lining of your dehydrator tray. It can be easily formed into a variety of shapes that best serve how it will be used; small rounds for tacos, large rounds for a wrap, or squares for bread. It will thin as it dries.
For more basic information about dehydrating, check out my Avocado Wrap recipe.
Veggie Seed Bread
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut in pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut in pieces
- 1 heaping cup cauliflower, cut in pieces
- 1 cup water
- 2 small cloves garlic
- Piece of hot pepper
- 2 cups seeds including Go Raw sprouted spicy seed (www.goraw.com), pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds, and 4 Brazil nuts or other seeds and nuts you desire
- ¼ teaspoon Firefly fermented salt or Pink salt
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon black cumin seed
- 1-4/1/2 teaspoon kelp
- Place red bell pepper, celery stalks, zucchini, cauliflower, garlic, and hot pepper in Vitamix and blend.
- Add seeds and nuts and blend until the consistency of pancake mix.
- Add salt, black cumin seed, and kelp.
- Blend in Vitamix.
- Pour onto Teflex sheet on dehydrator tray and spread into a circle or square, big or little, as desired.
- Dehydrate at 110 F-120 F until done. Check after 2 hours to see if they can be flipped.