Stuffed Bell Peppers
I came up with this recipe while on the road – the result is a great travel food with easy to find ingredients that requires minimal kitchen tools to assemble. Enjoy!
- 1 red bell pepper (orange and yellow are good, too, or any other colored pepper)
- 1 container pre-made guacamole (you can use homemade, too, if you have it)
- 1 jar sauerkraut (or your own)
- Optional ingredients: salsa, nut “cheese”, chopped nuts or seeds
Here’s how you can assemble a healthy and filling meal on the run:
- Buy a red bell pepper at a grocery store or health food supermarket
- Buy some pre-made guacamole and a jar of sauerkraut
- Cut the bell pepper open (using a plastic knife from the store or rip it open with your bare hands!!)
- Spoon guacamole into each half
- Spoon on some sauerkraut
Eat like a taco!
Extra options for toppings — salsa, nut “cheese”, chopped nuts or seeds.
Have you used peppers as a bread substitute for a sandwich before? What other toppings have you used? Share your experiences and recipe ideas in the comments below.
For recipes like these and many more, join the VITAL Community HERE and get instant access to recent kitchen shows and recipe collections.