Insulin Balancing Chia Porridge – A Delicious and Nutritious Way to Keep Diabetes in Check
Looking for a delicious and nutritious breakfast that can help manage your diabetes? Try out this insulin balancing chia porridge, perfect for managing blood sugar levels while still enjoying a satisfying meal.
To fight inflammation, it’s critical to get the right kinds of healthy fat on a daily basis.
Although both omega-6 and omega-3 are important, most diets, especially in the U.S., are heavy on the omega-6 and light on the omega-3, so an intentional dose of the latter on occasion helps maintain the 3:1 ratio that has been shown to be optimal to health.
My Blueberry Chia Porridge is a great way to get that done in addition to providing a whole list of other health benefits.
- The chia and flax provide the omega-3, a key polyunsaturated fat so critical to brain and heart health.
- Blueberries contain anthocyanin, a flavonoid responsible for the characteristic blue color as well as fighting inflammation, stabilizing blood sugar, and improving insulin resistance.
- The coconut contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which are more rapidly broken down and absorbed by the body making them a quick energy source and less likely to be stored as fat. They can also cross the blood-brain barrier and feed the brain!
- Find out the impressive benefits provided by cardamom and cinnamon in my Blood Sugar Balancer Juice.
The chia gel recipe is incredibly versatile and something I like to keep on hand.
Besides using it for thickness and texture in the porridge, take a cup and add your favorite protein powder or some cacao and monk fruit for a pudding treat. Or throw a tablespoon or two into your smoothie if you need some texture along with that dose of omega-3s.
Try substituting it for the typical, not-so-healthy breakfast that often contains gluten, dairy, and a list of unhealthy fats that compromise instead of supporting your best health. Or use it any time of day as a nutritious and satisfying meal or snack.
Either way you will love it! And even better? It loves you back.
Blueberry Chia Porridge
- 1/4 recipe Chia Gel (below)
- 1/2 cup fresh nut or seed milk (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, freshly ground (optional)
- 1/2 cup blueberries, quick pulsed in food processor or hand chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened raw coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- stevia if desired for extra sweetness
- Put Chia Gel in a bowl.
- Sprinkle in ground flax seeds and stir well.
- Stir in blueberries, coconut, and cardamom and stir well.
- Check sweetness and add stevia if desired.
1/2 cup chia seed
2 1/2 cups water
Put chia and water into a quart sized Mason jar or a glass bowl that can be covered. Shake or mix well.
Allow to stand at room temperature for 8 hours or overnight or for 12 or more hours in the refrigerator. Store up to a week in the refrigerator.
This recipe makes enough for 4 days of chia porridge.
For even more recipes and a guide to making the first meal of your day a treat for your hormones, download our:
Hormone Hacking Breakfast Menus for Free
I just wrote down all 7 hormone hacking break your fast menus. Just curious if there are more because when I pressed Get a FREE Gift nothing more showed up
But sincerely thank you even for these 7.
Just need to buy ingredients and a dehydrator. I’m very happy
use this link for the FREE download https://drritamarie.clickfunnels.com/ty-hormone-hacking-breakfast-menus
I am not able to get the link for accessing the “Hormone Hacking
“Break Your Fast” Menus”
booklet to work. Can you forward me that via email please?
Love your work!
Try to load it again https://drritamarie.clickfunnels.com/ty-hormone-hacking-breakfast-menus